7.16.2007

Myspace, Facebook, Blogger, and Work

Besides Facebook, (I don't have one), these all go hand and hand for me as many of my co-workers participate in one or all of these outlets. Does it bother me? Not really. I already filter everything that goes in and out of my profile on Myspace due to the amount of teenagers I'm "friends" with online from teaching Sunday school, subbing, volunteering and just from being their relative. I don't have anything on there I wouldn't care if shared with the world. But getting messages from your boss saying "What a ko-wink-i-dink to find y'all on here! Yeehaw!!". yeah, that's creepy. Lucky for me, my boss knows of my page and could probably find it if he wanted, but whatevs, censorship works in my favor. Now this Blogger on the other hand, it's a different story. This is my outlet, my somewhat secret outlet. I've yet to advertise this page, or even let people know that I blog. There's a security about it that I love. I have 399 friends on Myspace...I really don't want them reading my every thought or whim! If it leaks, it leaks, because nothing is ever safe on the web, but until I hear otherwise, I write away! You can read the article that inspired the subject here.

2 comments:

Kiddrae254 said...

Wait, did you say you had 399 friends on Myspace?!?

Kiddrae254 said...

You are waaaaaay to popular for me...