8.21.2007

Wow. I miss blogging.

I didn't mean to dissappear. I really miss blogging. I miss having a job that allows me to Myspace and blog. And I miss having free time to have a life when I get home. I can honestly say even though I work longer and harder preparing for school, I don't regret this career change. I can't wait to meet these kiddos. In a nutshell, here's what I've learned and experienced in the past couple of weeks or so:

1. New teacher orientation looks like a single convention for hot people. Really, out of the 200 new teachers in my district, 80% are young, charming and not bad to look at. Pretty people if you will. I don't remember my teachers being younger than 60 and not looking like gremlins.

2. I've rediscovered my inner cheesiness. There's nothing like seeing coaches dressed in drag dancing, playing musical chairs as an adult, or having fun with "get to know you" games.

3. I, in fact can get to work at 8:00 a.m. Who knew?

4. I think I am not only cut out for this, I think I will be pretty darn good at it.

5. My DSL and Cable will arrive tomorrow by 3:00 p.m. I can hardly contain myself.

6. Driving across town is totally worth it for a 10 count pack of Crayola markers for 25 cents.

7. I own 15 packs of 10 count Crayola markers.

8. ...and 20 boxes of Crayola crayons.

9. ...15 bottles of glue, and 15 tubes of glue sticks, to name a few.

10. I must be tired, no, exhausted because this makes no sense.

11. I don't care if it's a cult classic, the Last Dragon IS as bad as the dvd cover looks. Bruce Leroy? Pfft.

Sorry for the randomness. It will get better soon I promise.
Well, I have to go plan 5 more weeks of lesson plans.

2 comments:

DC said...

you have to get caught up on "The Hills" ASAP, ok? Then you can have still to talk about with the kids.

yessi said...

Hey! I'm glad you're back. You are a brave woman, tackling this new career! I have nightmares about teaching kids. I shiver when I walk into schools. I'm so happy to see you enthusiastic about this! Good luck!!!