8.07.2007

Officially on vacation.

I don't want to hear your problems. I have enough of mine right now. I've spent the past month listening to endless amounts of worries, frustrations and denials and for two days I will be at St. Tropez mentally. I will continue to finish out my three days at work, I will continue to read the Harry Wong book, I will even work on my modules for my certification and help my boss find my replacement, but I won't listen to your lamentations. No one here really vents to me, I'm just saying this in order to convince myself I can do this. I can say "not now, this is my day to rest," or I can refuse to answer the phone. About 6 months ago we had this unusual (crazy) girl work with us. She hated me. She thought I was out to get her and confronted me twice about it. I wasn't out to get her. She posed no threat to me personally or career wise. She was a walking time bomb. We all knew it. But one day she called in a "mental health" day. She didn't call in ill, or busy, she called in crazy. I found it weird until recently. I'm calling in crazy for three days. This doens't effect you as the reader or friend, but just thought you should know.

2 comments:

DC said...

do you get a tan when you're in st. tropez mentally?

Anonymous said...

I just found you through Wide Lawns...and saw that you said you are working in Nuevo Riche Dallas. I immediately had to jump over to read, because I spent the better part of my early 20's working smack in the middle of University Park.

Whee! The newest Lexux SUV, driven by the fake-boobed women, with a breathalizer attached to the ignition panel! That's rich Dallas at it's best...er...worst. Write more!