9.20.2010

Mariachi Festival

We wanted to do something different this weekend so we hit up the local mariachi festival in our new town of Grand Prairie. It was right on the lake, a bit too warm for my preference, but the music was wonderful. These groups weren't just a couple of viejos with a guitar, these were legit.
I missed the name of the first group we saw (in the black) but the second group (in the red) was Mariachi de Oro from Fort Worth and they made us want to run out and buy every mariachi cd out there. Good music, great day.











4 comments:

yessi said...

A friend of mine did the 10-day challenge on her tumblr blog and it wasn't her original idea either so who knows where it came from. So feel free to use it!

andrea said...

Ah man, I wish I could see live mariachi, but living in Portland... well you know how it goes =)

Lena said...

Ah, but on the flip side I'd LOVE to live in Portland...or at least visit for several months.

andrea said...

Well, you know who to call up when you come visit! I'll be your personal tour guide! Tu casa es mi casa!