5.02.2010

Weekend in Austin//Part One

Fun stuff.

Soccer game, arts festival, and historic sixth street perusing. Here is my blog via iPhone. I'm impressed more everyday with the capabilities with this phone. I will post additional photos from my little Canon XS later, until now enjoy this version brought to you by me, and Steve Jobs.








Caught a couple of shows at Antone's. The headliner was Sole Patrol I believe? They were a bit too gimmicky for me but were entertaining the first 5 minutes or so. My group of choice would be their opener T Bird and The Breaks, Loved their funk, soul style and witty lyrics. Full band complete with a couple of saxophones, trumpet and backup singers/dancers it definately was a show that had the group engaged and dancing. Their albums and singles will become a part of my spring/summer playlist for sure.









*Many of the vintage show posters were the original, hand drawn version. This one was done in black ink pen.












*bathroom literature, a favorite of mine

The man has been persuding me that Austin is the place for us - and I'm thinking he might be right.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: