11.18.2007

Galveston - The Beach

So I'm aware that there are much prettier beaches than Galveston, but coming as someone who can't even remember her first experience at a beach I have to say I fell in love. I can't wait to make it out to Cali this Summer. We were indecisive between NYC and Orange County (we have family there) but now I think I have been persuaded by the surf and sand to switch my vote to the west coast. Although I could spend endless days on the beach, living there would not be something I would pursue. Looking at all the beach homes on stilts and storm shutters made me wonder how they must dread hurricane season. There seems like there would be such an uncertainty to the stabilty of your living situation, especially now that mother nature has had quite the wild hair...but the view would be incredible to wake up to every morning.




No comments: