Thought you might ask. Here's a quick glimpse into mine. It changes daily. What's in your desk?
1. Colored grading pens. I've gots to have color mayne! Red, purple. orange and green! I prefer the cheap Bic pens.
2. A silver spoon for my soups and such.
3. Yes, thats a 6-way nail buffer. I tend to get my nails professionally done, but haven't had the time...but I have to stay on point with them ya know.
4. I need candy..a lot sometimes. It's a great way to tick the kids off. Haha, I can eat candy in class, you can't!
5. A piece of paper a kid slipped me...it's the name of some uber great soccer boot that I "HAVE TO LOOK UP!" I guess my husband being a soccer coach means I'm a soccer-freak as well.
6. Extra batteries for my digital camera since I obviously use it religiously in the classroom.
7. Small pieces of Artgum eraser. My favorite, even though it crumbles.
8. This is a new one. Tech Deck finger skateboards are the hot item in middle schools this year. It seems finger skateboarding is a trend I didn't expect. I only pick them up when they're a distraction, otherwise, I give them time to try out some tricks.
9. Extra thank you notes. Because teachers in nature are professional PTA presidents and soccer moms, no good deed is left unnoticed, so when I get a treat in my box from a fellow faculty member or parent, I fill one of these bad boys out.
10. Dental wax was a necessity when I had braces, as if I wasn't awkward enough in middle school. I've noticed a lot of my kids complaining about brackets cutting the inside of thier mouths but no one knew about dental wax. I stocked up at $1.50 each and distribute as needed.