7.12.2010

This guy...

One had the potential to be dad's best friend. They'd go fishing, have a beer and work on a car or boat while mom and I would gab in the kitchen...

One could have been my artistic fit - we could have had a printmaking studio instead of dining room.

One could have been my spiritual pair - we could forever tie two families that have a rich history together. Our parents' dream.

One could have been my musical soulmate. He'd be in a band so instead of buying a new couch we would be invest in a new amp, show tickets, or just sit on the old couch while he'd strum his guitar.

There's a guy in my past to match everything I love. With each I could have had a completely different life then I have today.

But there's another guy.

He doesn't have an ounce of artistic talent and our musical interests are as widespread as our spiritual practices. I can write a list if all of our opposites and it would contain chapters and an index. At one point I was sure we would never have a future. At another point i wanted out of our future. Besides, there were many others I was more compatible with.

But this guy...

This guy...

I married him five years ago, and I still feel like I picked the best one.

Love this guy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

The Powells said...

So sweet - love it!

Annah said...

:) Aren't you glad you made the best decision?

And of course I read each and every single one of my comments. Thank you SO MUCH for the love. Un besote!

lol. My Captcha is "besso"

andrea said...

That's so sweet!

yessi said...

new post pleeeease! :)