3.11.2009

I put the FUN in Dysfunctional

I'm learning how to embrace my faults, inadequacies and occasional vice. I've learned to get over myself and stop being such a selfish jerk. I am devoting myself more to me but holding onto the fact there are other people in my life that I need to attend to - while not totally focusing on them and leaving me out to dry. I think I'm okay with the fact I totally contradicted myself in those last two sentences. I started buying tickets for some shows, indulging myself more into music and art. I've lined up some volunteer prospects at an Art Therapy house in the area, and look forward to the summer where re-grouping should be much easier. Starting tomorrow I'm going to start calling my dad more. Some one I truly care for lost his mother a couple of years ago and I couldn't imagine how that feels - especially since I detached myself from my dad in so many ways. Starting now I'm going to try and get more sleep. From now on I'll always take ALL of my antibiotics, even when I'm starting to feel better. I'm going to start being nicer to people that get on my nerves. I found out my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song is really about suicide and I think I'm okay with that too. I'm going to get more involved in this church I started going to. I'm going to buy a new rug since Jet ate a whole (or two) through it. I'm going to the doctor to see if I'm broken. If I'm broken, I'm okay with that. I'm so not going to care about what Cesar Milan says about making your dogs earn their affection. I'm going to start reading again. Hmm. I guess that's it for now. I'm off to attempt sleep again.

1 comment:

yessi said...

I'd like to know how this is working out for you... maybe there's hope for me too? =)